• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ID Time again

DTro

Had two flocks of them around our place this winter. First time we had them. One flock was 60-80 birds and the other was 30-40. They sure eat a lot of food. Both of those left about a week ago and another smaller flock showed up two days ago. Probably passing through heading back to the arctic.

www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2451307/Bird_ID#Post2451307

I can't say I have seen thousands, but they are common in the winter, at least down into NW Iowa. They were always around then in the depths of winter when I was a kid some 50 years ago, and they still are. They are never alone then. If you see one in winter, it is always a part of a flock.

The snow buntings were here during the depths of the cold during January and February. Would see them almost daily on the drive in to work. Now what I'm seeing is horned larks along the roads. Wow, that's a real unique photo finnbay. Have never seen them close to water and all the action there is fun to sort out.