• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What bow package???

kevfish1

I just got a Diamond Rock 2.0 package from the hunters friends. Did some shooting, and while the Assassin was a top choice, I opted for a bit less $$ for my first bow. I got the apache drop away rest, and the standard TruGlo sight. My buddies who are into it say I might want a better sight, but they think the whole package together is about perfect for me, and they think it is a pretty great deal too (they shoot hoyt, actually), and they like the bow and its construction.

Anyway, I will shoot it this weekend to see how it all works out, hopefully good. I like it. For the speeds, the IBO is 310-318, and the "birth cert" says 29" draw and 61#, and 298 speed. The shop tested it with my arrows (carbon Easton 400s) and 60# and 28" draw and 80% letoff, and it comes in at 254 average. Not sure how that stacks up, but it should be enough for a beginner like me. Interesting how different it is from the IBO speed, but I know that is "best case" at 70# etc. At $525 total (case, arrows, broadheads, release, shipping, tax, etc. ready to hunt) it seems like it should work well, even being basically a lower end bow. Time will tell. I am excited to say the least smile It is nice and small and super lightweight, so I like that.

Well, I got to shoot my Diamond Rock 2.0 package. Felt reel good. Was cold and windy on Sat, so didn't shoot it much before the St Patty parade smile

Seems quiet, I can't say I really felt much recoil or hand shock, but since I am new it is hard to tell. It just felt really really smooth. At 15 yards I was hitting the middle solid dot or just outside of it, so still need to work on my form I am sure - to say the least, haha!

Everything was set up nice and seems to fit about perfect, but I might need to slide my peep just a bit higher. I need to shoot more to know, I guess.

With the Apache rest, the only thing I found is that I need to put arrow in from the front, cause you can only drop arrow from the top, and the sight sort of covers that a bit, just enough that you can't drop it straight down - something I hadn't thought of.

Anyway, wow, what a difference from the older bows I shot long ago. Smooth and light just feels solid. And I found that 60# is totally easy to pull back and hold (80% letoff) but we'll see once there is a deer out there wink