• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost my boat keys

Bigtom

Well, I lost my keys this week shoveling snow(not at home). Not to bad but the $200. truck key and my key for my rod locker in my boat was on their that is locked and full. It is a 05 Creastliner Fishhawk 17.50.

Do you guys think the dealer would have a common key for them? Do I have to dril out the lock? Your do I have to cut a new hole in there to unscrew the lock?

thanks Tom

Thanks I guess I will have to wait for the piles of snow to melt to get the boat to the dealer. What a sick fealing losing you keys, I would suggest every one make spare keys while they have the originals. I learned the hard way! frown

Years ago I bought an Acura that came with a special wheel nut that required a key to remove. Apparently people were prone to steeling these tires. Well it wasn't long before I learned that there were only four "keys" so the dealer (and a thief) could easily get the wheels off. Your Crestliner is most likely keyed the same way like Marine Man stated.

If you have one of the recessed locks with the T-handle, just try to turn the hanle without unlocking it. I misplaced my keys and wanted to get into my locker in desperation. To my amazement the handle turned and opened my locker without much force. These things aren't very theft proof and can be opened quite easily!

I would take a look at the face of your lock and see if there are any numbers stamped in it.

If not, I'd haul the boat to your crestliner dealer and start trying keys. They're usually keyed the same.

marine_man

Exactly, let us know the number, I might have some here.