• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why call them birdfeeders?

micpic

the best squirl proof feeder i have ever had was the feeder tied to 20lb test line from a tree's branch. i put a weight on the end of the line and threw it over a high branch far enough from the base of the tree and any other tree for the squirl to jump on. then i let the weight drop down to me while releasing line from my spool. i then cut both lines and tied them together at a level i could fill the feeder as needed. only birds fed off that one. good luck.

I use Brome Squirrel proof feeders. They work. In fact initially you will have a lot of fun watching the squirrels try everything they can to get in. Eventually the squirrels learn they cannot get food and do not return. All they can do is feed scraps off the ground. I suggest the Plus and Classic, they are good sized and take a week or so to empty.

They cost a bit more than traditional feeders but you save money on feed (not being eat by squirrels) so they pay themselves off pretty quickly. The squirrels do not even climb up to the feeders anymore.

[Note from admin: Please read forum rules before posting again. Thank you.]

I'm laughing so hard that I can hardly type. The ones I ate never tasted like chicken, I must not use the right seasoning!

Actually if I get caught shooting them in town, the women's club will hang me from the nearest lamppost.

Now I'm going to the woodworking shop and build a catapult! That ought to make the winter go a little faster!

Mike