• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you know if the $100 bounty is still alive?

I would love to see this go through. It would make it a worth while trip to go up and see how many we could whack. Help pay for the gas for the drive for sure.

Thanks for keeping us all abreast of the possible new laws.

SB 2224-bounty for coyotes, $100 each, limited to the first 2000 coyotes taken. I believe its still alive in the congress. here's a link

http://www.legis.nd.gov./assembly/62-2011/leginfo/bills-res-jour/index.html

Just hit the senate bill high lite at the bottom and then scroll down to bill 2224

I see that the cattlemens Assc is for it but the Game & Fish states it does not help.

I guess we will see who wins out but if it does not help in the long run, then it is more than likely a watse of G&F funds.

I know in the area we hunt in, the yotes are thick.

To be honest Harvey. I haven't followed this bill to close to say if I'm for it or not. I remember hearing or reading somewhere the game and fish not for it. I know the GF herald had a couple of articles in Sunday's paper about coyotes here's a link to that. It has some interesting articles in there.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/tag/group/Sports/tag/outdoors/

Scroll down to "budget control could stall coyote control" and "about the coyote"

My dad had the Game & Fish set up their decoy deer as the shooting got so bad some years ago when the park road by us was open that bullets were flying wherever.

That has gotten better for sure these last years since the road is now closed to traffic.

Road hunting is the norm in North Dakota. I personally like the expirence of getting out on foot. Thats the main point I hunt to think about it. It has little to do with the harvesting. Its all about getting out there for me. I guess thats a whole another topic. Good thing they closed that road by your dads spread.

It looked like it would fail from what I was reading. If the Game & Fish was for it, it then may have had a chance.

Probably the right decision as the G & F would have had to continue this for a long time to try and control the yote populatiion.

Everytime I see one, I do not see it again.