• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda Ridgeline for towing boat

hulapopper

I am looking at buying a used Honda Ridgeline. Anyone have any experience with one? I need it to tow my 16ft Lund MrPike. All of the reviews I read mention that they are a little weak in the towing department . Any opionions will be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't own one, but a 16 foot Lund Mr Pike should be no problem at all for the Ridgeline. I know someone at work that tows a 19-20 foot camper (heavier by at least 1000 lbs) with one and he has no issues.

My father owns one of these and he loves it! He pulls a 17.5 Lund Pro Sport Adventure just fine. He said it actually pulls this boat better than his 97 expedition he had. Also you don't have to deal with a hitch problem. With the expedition we always had to pick the boat up to get it on the ball.

As for towing power, for a V6 truck I think its got more guts and glory than most people would ever think a truck would.

I recall one day my father was headed home and he came across a contractor in the ditch with his crew cab f350 with a 20' enclosed trailer in the ditch. My father stopped asked if the guy wanted a pull. The guy said "sure do you live around here?" My father replied "yup, just about a mile away." The guy asked if my father had a tractor that he could bring over to pull him out. My father said "Pfft this is a Honda man!" He hooked his front end up to his, put it in reverse and pulled the guy out first try with out even spinning a tire.

The guy in the Ford was pretty impressed with the performance. That said this truck is pretty awesome. It handles very well and gets up and goes pretty good even when towing. If I was interested in a smaller sized truck I would definitely be considering this truck!

Let us know if you get it and how it handles, I am sure you will be impressed. Go test drive one today in this lovely snow! They handle pretty well in this white stuff we are getting.

Im sure it will do fine. Its not quite as capable as a Pathfinder/Frontier or a Tacoma/4runner; but it will have more than enough to pull your boat.

The only thing I would look at is to be sure it has a transmission cooler and all that stuff if you are going to be towing for any distance.

Im sure it will do fine. Its not quite as capable as a Pathfinder/Frontier or a Tacoma/4runner; but it will have more than enough to pull your boat.

The only thing I would look at is to be sure it has a transmission cooler and all that stuff if you are going to be towing for any distance.

My dads boat gets towed from Shakopee to Vermillion twice a year. No problems. Oh and once and a while Rainy Lake

"My dads boat gets towed from Shakopee to Vermillion twice a year. No problems. Oh and once and a while Rainy Lake"

Just curious, what kind of mileage does he get pulling/not pulling?

I will have to ask him next time I talk to him. I am not sure he keeps track. He drives this truck everywhere and does a ton of travel for work. I am sure he probably knows the mileage for not towing as he keeps track of that for work purposes.

ill see what I can find out!

Thanks,guys---

BTW I really like my Ridgeline !

I can store my Boat cover protected and locked away in the storage area in the bed , and the fold up seats in back allow me to put my stuff safe and secure in the cab.

The wife likes the ability to "pick up" all kinds of things arond town- the ride is fine - a nice move-up in my mind from the Honda Pilot I had--even without the heated seats we had in that vehicle.