• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am looking at possibly buying some property on the St Croix Flowage near Gordon, WI. I have not physically been on this water yet and was just curious what the fishing is like. I've found some conflicting reports on the species in this lake.

Is the muskie fishing good on this lake? I noticed they have been stocking muskies and sturgeon for the past few years, but curious if these populations are doing well. Also, anyone have any luck with walleyes on this lake...... I haven't seen them in the net surveys but I imagine a few work their way in the lake since it's a flowage.

Also, I noticed this lake is pretty shallow. Does it have bad weed problems in the summer?

Thanks.

Chris

Chris, from what I have heard they haven't been stocking muskies very long there and the warden told me a couple years ago that they were just getting a few that were reaching legal size. I have not fished the lake for muskies myself. I have fished the lake for many years and I have never caught a walleye in it. Its a good bass lake and panfish lake with some really nice northerns in it.

It does get alot of weeds in the summer since its so shallow. Some of my favorite ares to fish 20 years ago are dry land now. Its still a good lake, lots of fishing pressure though.