• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SidexSide

snowfighter

Wondering how many have went to a sidexside and wished they would of stayed with a 4 wheeler? Reasons?

Very good question? I too am thinking about a UTV?

Not to steal your thread, but witch brand do you thinks you get the most for your buck? That 400 Ranger looks very atractive...

The 400 Ranger would be a good option for an easy to haul around machine and yet when you get to the lake, still have the ability to haul your gear onto the lake. Unlike the 450 Rhino that's the same size as the 700 Rhino, the 400 Ranger is scaled down in all dimensions.

It would also be more than capable of plowing snow if you chose to use it for work and play.

I would never switch back. Its so much more comfortable and fun to drive in comparision. I bought mine early in the fall and didn't sell or trade my 4 wheeler thinking I would ride it some when I was alone. I've only started it once for getting in further up in the garage to have more room. I need to get on selling it in the spring. I went from a Honda Rubicon ATV to a John Deere 825i XUV. Love the power of the 825 and the price for the features was decent. One disadvantage is at the rate I'm going I will have as many miles on the sxs in one year as I do on the Rubicon in 5 just because I like driving it so much.

I would never switch back. Its so much more comfortable and fun to drive in comparision. I bought mine early in the fall and didn't sell or trade my 4 wheeler thinking I would ride it some when I was alone. I've only started it once for getting in further up in the garage to have more room. I need to get on selling it in the spring. I went from a Honda Rubicon ATV to a John Deere 825i XUV. Love the power of the 825 and the price for the features was decent. One disadvantage is at the rate I'm going I will have as many miles on the sxs in one year as I do on the Rubicon in 5 just because I like driving it so much.

I hear you there. My RZR had only 78 miles on it when I bought it and I have put 1400 miles on it since. I am not sure I ever put on more than 500 total on the sportsman 500 and probably not much more on any of the other ones I have owned. If I ever get the tracks for it that number will probably double.

Doing some research and I'm not trying to start a war but the polaris is suppose to be the less noisy in the cab of the bunch, not to mean it doesn't produce noise? This was compared to just Yamaha and Artic Cat.

I own a polaris ranger and had a rhino before that....the rhino was much noiser compared to the ranger. I think it is due to the fact the rhino was a single vs. the polaris is a twin. IMO the ranger is a much nicer machine than my rhino!!!

My advice for choosing the engine size on your UTV when moving from an ATV to a UTV would be to add a 50-100 cc to what ever size atv would make you happy. The machines are heavier and you will carry heavier loads. If the power and feel of a 300-350cc atv feels very addequate to you the 400 ranger is probably a good fit. If your only happy with a 600-700 cc atv move up to about 800 on the UTV.