• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camera for fishing

I am looking for new camera strictly to keep in the boat. I want something simple to run and it must also have a delay setiing for when I am fishing alone. Also something weather resistant would be nice. Does anyone have a camera they would recommend?

What you may want to do is go to a couple of the online camera stores and read the specs. B&H and Adorama are a 2 very good stores and they both are very good with all the details about each model. Some of the big brands like Canon and Nikon will allow the camera to use a wireless remote with some of the higher end Point and Shoots. The water resistant part is going to be tough. I know that you can buy enclosures but they usually cost as much as the camera but are made to take the camera underwater.

Several mfg. make waterproof drop proof and even freeze proof. If your ok with not having those features there are several cameras that will have 2 displays or one that swivels so that you can see yourself before the shot is taken. This will be helpful with self portraits. Also any camera that you buy will have a timer.