• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Grizzly 660 too Cold?

fishwacker1

Tried to get my 2006 grizzly started today. I have been starting it weekly since winter hit just to keep all components fresh. Would not fire today. Would try in intervals until the battery went too weak or the starter would buzz. Anyone think I did any damage by trying so long?. Any suggestions for a cold blooded baby? Rather have it happen in the barn than on the lake I guess.

I doubt if you damaged anything. What weight oil do you have in it?

If you only started it weekly without a long period of running, it's also likely the battery didn't have enough time to recharge after each time you started it. This will eventually wear the battery down to the point it didn't have enough to spin the motor fast enough to start in the cold temps we've had the past couple days.

I had a 2002 make sure the battery is up, battery tender works good, when it was real cold and setting for long period of time I would set a little ceramic heater on the foot rest and cover area over seat and let it heat for 15 or 20 minutes it would pop right off, some take the seat off and use a hair dryer in the carb intake that also works.

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry Jimmy not for sale just a hiccup that needs attention. I believe to have synthetic 5W30 in the machine right now. After looking at another forum, I will try to adjust to Top Dead Center and check valve clearence today. Then take carb off and increase the pilot jet size to ease the cold starting capabilities.