• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A walk back in history

My daughter Kaija and I took a snowshoe hike back to the Hegman Lake pictographs yesterday. Lots of theories as to what everything means and exactly when they were done.

Kaija:

pic1.gif

The full monte:

pic2.gif

Maymayguishi:

Pic3.gif

Wide angle from below:

Pic4.gif

And a pano of the entire rock wall:

Pic5.gif

Nice work on a great location, Ken. How was the trail?

Jason, it's actually best in early March. Morning if you want the sun on the escarpment face, afternoon if you want it evenly lit (shade). By March, the trail across the lakes and portage is usually so packed down you don't even need snowshoes. It's a beautiful and easy trip regardless of the pictographs, because the lakes look very wild and scenic. Lots of rock and twisted trees and such.

I'd planned to go into Hegman this week with clients, but they canceled their trip up here due to weather.

I'd be happy to team up with Ken and show you the sights. We definitely owe you one. wink