• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camoplast Tatou Tracks

4wheelingmama

I was looking for a set of tracks for my Teryx a couple weeks ago and this is what I found. Apparently camoplast's customer service is nothing to get excited about. There is a company in Mn that makes tracks, I think it was mantrack or something like that. You also have the option of Polaris' tracks. If I owned a Polaris that is where I would get them from. They are about the same price as any other tracks. If you google ATV Tracks there is a lot of info available. Hope this helps.

tatou offers some good tracks. But with my 850 polaris i went with the polaris brand. alot easier dealing with polaris then a company somewhere else. i have had no issues with polaris tracks costed around 3200 where mattracks with the same depth lug you are looking at 5300. mattracks have alot more moving parts to help out with traction and flexibility of there track assembly. where as polaris's is a very simple track assembly that works very good and reliable. One thing to remind you if you do get tracks is never let off the throttle to slow down when going down the road. the hill descent will kick in. just ease off the throttle and its not a issue. you will never regret getting the tracks

Yeah I have heard many complaints with Camoplast customer service. I talked to a camoplast rep this fall at the Big Iron Farm show in Fargo and he claimed to not know anything about the issues the atv and utv tracks had last winter. I asked him specifically about the idler icing issues(atv) and the uneven main idler wear(utv) and nothing...no response. Not a soul around besides me, no reason to lie. Very sad to say the least. Mattracks are a good all around track but not the best in snow.

Another thing to look into, and some models have this built into their design, is a semi-round track profile on the front. This eases the steering effort on the EPS equipped machines.

I believe the Polaris tracks as well as Can Am tracks have this feature.