• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

quick handgun question

were about ready to purchase a tc encore handgun frame registered as handgun soon... yes were going to go apply for a handgun purchase permit, do we also need a carry permit? were not going to do conceal carry or anything just target/sport shooting and hunting with it, so is the carry permit still needed or no?

and anyone know of any true custom barrel websites i can go look at for getting a good 15 inch barrel in 308... i want real accuracy, in other words i want a great bang for the buck.... literally! lol

You don't need the concealed carry permit to purchase. You only need the CCW permit if you plan to carry the gun on you, like wearing it in the car or when you are out and about. The CCW permit isn't needed if you are out in the woods or at a range.

You'll have a hard time concealing that thing. I've fired one like that in a .308. I'd recommend that you always use 2-handed grip, or it'll break your flippin' wrist. Cool gun, a real ear-drum splitter.

I've had Lone Eagles in .308 and 7MM-08. I'll second the comment that you best use both hands when handling these guns. The high-power hand cannons can be hard on the wrists and yes they will cause you to lose your hearing. If you don't wear hearing protection, you'll be sorry.

I've always wondered why they put the grip on the

end of the gun on the TC's??

I've always favored the earlier Remington XP's

that were made from a 600 action, having the grip

positioned almost in the center of the gun.

Savage Striker grips are a little bit farther to the rear,

but still better than a TC.

There is no escaping the muzzle blast on these 14 1/2 inch

barrels. It will get your attention pretty quick.

ive shot our desert eagle .50ae plenty of times so im not worried abot the recoil, i wuld assumee the 50 is worse than the tc encore... im just more concerned about hearing protection lol

we will have a full bull barrel with custon aluminum grip and fore ends with a scope mounted, the weight should decrease recoil a bit.

another question i have is what barrel twist is best for a 15 inch barrel in .308win if im shooting regular market brand hunting/sporting loads like federal, remington, hornady, and so on... With the custom barrels i can get they all specify wat barrel twist you want but im not a reloader and dont know anything about witch barrel twist will be best for a 15inch 308 chamber barrel for market loads and not custom reloads.

what do you guys think is best or know witch is best, i want the best out of it.