• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mathews MR7 or Z9

schmoe147

i own a Z7 and i LOVE it! i've owned PSE and Hoyt previous to my Mathews, and its defiantly superior (ie newer/latest and greatest)

my best advice i can give u is...shoot em both smile whatever "fits" best is what u should buy!

secondly, but what you like! it won't help you shoot any better, but when you're proud, your confident, and when you're confident you shoot better!

imo 9 inch brace is not for me...so i'd go with the MR7

I think they'll both be great hunting bows. But they're two very different bows. It's all in the specs you prefer. One's going to be shooting over 30 fps faster than the other but the other is going to be a very forgiving & smooth bow to shoot. The Z9 was high on my list but it's a little too short for my liking so I opted for an EZ7 instead. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

The MR's haven't been built yet... they're still a few months out. Z9's have started to ship and there are reviews floating around. From what I've read, it's being well receieved. Most shops arent' stocking them so it's hard for guys to try them out. I'd start calling shops around the state & try and find one to shoot.