• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

World Jr 2011 in Buffalo NY

cbrooks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The USA team tied Rensselaer 3 to 3 in exhibition game.

Not a great sign but it sounds like the US left 5 or 6 of there top players off the ice and let the bubble guys play. I also hear Morin has been cleared to play for Team USA so that is good news.

Hmmm a shootout loss in an exhibition to the Czechs isn't good sign, hopefully a wake up call.

Official Roster:

Forwards (x13):

Nick Bjugstad

Ryan Bourque

Chris Brown

Mitch Callahan

Charlie Coyle

Jerry D'Amigo

Emerson Etem

Chris Kreider

Jeremy Morin

Brock Nelson

Kyle Palmieri

Drew Shore

Jason Zucker

Defense (x7):

Brian Dumoulin

Justin Faulk

Derek Forbort

Nick Leddy

Jon Merrill

John Ramage

Patrick Wey

Goalies (x2):

Jack Campbell

Andy Iles

Are they showing the games on TV?

Anyone see the game? The thing about almost every sport is that a good team can be beaten by a lesser team on any given day. Look at the Wild in 2003. That team went much farther than it should have. USA may have done that same thing last year, and now we're seeing what we really have. On the flip side, maybe the Czechs got lucky. It's only one game, so tough to say.

I think the NHL Network will carry the games, you can also find them a stream on the web once in a while.

On paper a lot of people (Candians) are calling the US the favorites this year. We are probably among the 4 favorites to win with Canada, Sweden, and Russia filling out the rest. I wouldn't put too much stock into these type of ranking because these favorites can and will lose to some of the other teams in this tournament. We have also been the favorites going into this tournament in the past because of high draft picks and had our butts kicked or lost to teams we should not have.

The one thing I will say about US hockey is we always seem to step it up and play well against the Candians so if we meet plan on a heck of a game. We are in different pools this year but we could meet in the semi's or for gold if we make it that far.

here's the U.S. schedule

Dec.26-vs Finland, 7 P.M.

Dec.28-vs Slovakia, 7 P.M.

Dec.30-vs Germany, 6 P.M.

Dec.31-vs Switzerland, 7 P.M.

Jan.2-Quartersfinals, 6:30 P.M.

Jan.3-Semifinals, 6:30 P.M.

Jan.5-Bronze medal, 2:30 and Gold medal 6:30

I'm gonna have to upgrade my cable so I get the NHL network which will be carrying. Atleast we get a easy schedule to start the games.

Ya they pretty much dominated last night. We might not see another interesting game until the medal round, lets hope we will be ready and this soft schedule doesn't hurt us down the road. However we have to watch out for the Swiss, they always seem to make things interesting.

US taking it to the Slovaks. 6-1 in the 3rd. Assist by Faulk, I'm loving it. Coyle is on fire.

The Slovaks had 2 players ejected and suspended for elbows to the head that game. Look for video of Wild Prospect Darcy Zucker getting decapitated. The guy that did it was suspended 4 games. Looks like they couldn't take getting their butts whipped.

You mean Jason Zucker from DU? I didn't see the hit yet, but maybe I'll have to check it out. I see the US has Germany and Switzerland left. Shouldn't be too much trouble there. I do wish we had a little tougher competition early other than the Finn's.

Braydon Schenn for team Canada has 12 points in only 3 games! I know some of their opponents are soft, but MAN!

Oh wow, just watched the video on Youtube. He wasn't watching because the puck was nowhere near and then the wicked elbow follow through. These guys aren't even getting paid yet, no place for this in any hockey.

Just a little recap for those not paying attention. Sweden beat Canada in a shootout (great game) so Sweden along with the US get a bye into the semi's. We will play the winner of Canada/Switzerland, I have to say I don't really want to play Canada in the semi's but they might be a little tired from the Swiss game and really if you want to win this thing you have to beat Canada at some point anyway. I was very impressed with Sweden, they lost their best offensive player to injury but they have a lot of depth/skill and really took it to Canada at times.

The US despite close games with the Finns and the Swiss haven't really won a big game or blown out anyone they weren't expected to so they won't be near as battle tested as they were for last years medal round.

I can't say enough how much the Canadain fans disgust me. They don't even like there own players that play in the NCAA. You should read some of the stuff there saying about them. Blaming there lost against Sweden on one guy just because he plays down in the states. I hope Canada doesn't even place. Those guys hate anything to do with the US.

I can't say enough how much the Canadain fans disgust me. They don't even like there own players that play in the NCAA. You should read some of the stuff there saying about them. Blaming there lost against Sweden on one guy just because he plays down in the states. I hope Canada doesn't even place. Those guys hate anything to do with the US.

Same fans that have booed the USA National Anthem in the past as well. If the US did that it would be broadcast all over the world about how we are poor sports etc. GO USA.