• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

appling for a wyoming deer

The deadline for Wyoming is March 15th. If you look and the Wy Game and Fish HSOforum, the 2011 non resident application booklet is out and you will find all the areas and applications.

If you look around the HSOforum, you can find out the draw odds for all the different regions and hunt units.

Typically, the more public land in the unit, the harder the tag will be to draw. Also, if there are high draw odds, chances are the unit has alot of private land.

Wyoming is a great state to hunt, just takes a little research to figure out the application process and different units.

Would be glad to help you out if you have any more questions.

Mike

Thanks fireman I will check out the site and go from there.

another ? for ya how would you rate the puplic land to hunt. I mean do you think anyone could could do it. I know I need to do a lot of research and I guess thats why this thread. its a start

Any one can do it. Just be careful of the wilderness areas in some of the units. As a non ressy, you will need a guide if you want to hunt wilderness areas. On the flip side, alot of units have little/no wilderness areas, but still have lots of public land.

Once you decide on an area, make a call to the game and fish office and speak with the CO or Bio, these guys are a great asset when hunting in a new area.

Mike

Sorry, didnt answer your whole question.

The hunting on public land can be very good. Ive been out the last 2 years, once for deer and once for antelope, and have had great hunts on public land.

A few years ago, we hunted a private ranch, who charged an access fee to hunt.

This became too expensive, so we began looking at areas with public land and have had great experiences.

Here is my 2010 public land antelope.

MikeDeer016.jpg

and my 2009 mule deer.

Aug2009toJan2010002.jpg