• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterproof glove liners

Will

What are you going to be wearing the glove liners under?

Keep in mind that the gloves will do nothing if they are frozen stiff because you got them wet. Your hands might be dry, but they won't be warm. Rag wool might be the only viable option over a liner as it will still insulate when wet and doesn't hold much water.

Really, I would just look for a waterproof glove or mitten. I've always gone with mittens as I've never owned a pair of gloves that kept my fingers warm. Just my opinion.

Yes LINED neoprene gloves stuffed inside your jacket or flannel so they are warm when you need them.

Then a good pair of choppers the ones with the wool. If its super cold add a heat pack.

Don't bother with really expensive neoprenes for me at least they never last long no matter what I buy and will leak. So I stick with the less expensive end for the neoprenes. You can throw heat packs in to those as well.

Just a thought. Maybe get some "cloth" type gloves for cheap and dip them into some sort of latex or rhino liner. I don't know too much about the rhino liner but hear of a lot of construction workers using it on there boots to prolong the life and to "water proof" them. Kind of the same idea as the work gloves you can buy that have the rubber type palms and fingers with the cotton back. Could just use these as well and finish off the back with a latex or rhino liner. I used to use these gloves mentioned for ice fishing and added a liner glove inside it and they were pretty warm. Easy to work with also. Then I got the ice armor gloves and really like those. I also have the mittens for the cold days but most of my time is spent inside a porty or house and rarely ever use them inside.