• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar Cold Snap Vs Frabill Ice Suit (Black)

I have yet to field run the new Frabill XE Snow-Suit, so I'll wait on that feedback. Others whom I know that did test them last winter, were very pleased with them.

I have been using the Vexilar Cold Snap Suits for many seasons now, since there introduction, and like them a lot. The new generation of Vex bibs are really easy to work in, and warm. The heat pack pockets in the back of the new bibs come in handy on long rides and longer sits.

I will also be running with the new Frabill XE Snow-Suit on the ice this winter. I am a big layer and live guy and work to keep as light as I can and less burdened by bulky clothing. The Frabill Storm Suit is very very wind resistant, waterproof, and highly breathable. Should be interesting on how it performs in active and less physical fishing situations on the ice.

I'll report back in once I have some significant hours on the Frabill Storm Suit out on the ice to better justify any personal observations and comments on it's overall performance. I think it will prove out well, that is my first impression so far anyway.

I have yet to field run the new Frabill XE Snow-Suit, so I'll wait on that feedback. Others whom I know that did test them last winter, were very pleased with them.

I have been using the Vexilar Cold Snap Suits for many seasons now, since there introduction, and like them a lot. The new generation of Vex bibs are really easy to work in, and warm. The heat pack pockets in the back of the new bibs come in handy on long rides and longer sits.

I will also be running with the new Frabill XE Snow-Suit on the ice this winter. I am a big layer and live guy and work to keep as light as I can and less burdened by bulky clothing. The Frabill Storm Suit is very very wind resistant, waterproof, and highly breathable. Should be interesting on how it performs in active and less physical fishing situations on the ice.

I'll report back in once I have some significant hours on the New Frabill Storm Suit out on the ice to better justify any personal observations and comments on it's overall performance. I think it will prove out well, that is my first impression so far anyway.

Correction, I got my suits mixed up in my previous post. I meant to say was I would be running the Frabill Storm Suit, not the Frabill XE Snow-Suit....my bad.

Just to clarify before somebody else caught it and gave me guff. wink

I have been using the Ice Suit for 2 years now and have no complaints.

My only issue is I bought the LAST jacket when it was on sale, it is a size too big for me.

The bibs are great!

Jacket is extremely warm and almost too many pockets, lost a tin of wax worms in them for a couple of weeks...