• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Would you?

tipup

I was out deer hunting for the last day yesterday. On my drive out to the woods there were two people tearing up the plowed fields on their sleds. No we got about 4" of snow here but it is very heavy, wet and sticky. I was taught a long time ago to stay away from snow like this as you tend to break more things on the sleds then not. What do you guys think?

yep, doesn't take long to get thru that little bit of snow and into the mud with nothing froze yet. might as well just take sandpaper to every wheel/bearing/shock, slide etc. Its exactly why I will never buy a used sled.

well like i told my pops this weekend. We gotten use to so little snow the past few years that begger cant be choosers. So the snow we do get isnt the start of base layer, its the only layer and melts within a few days. But no i wouldnt go out. Most ive ever done is a little 'pre' season trot around the park in front of my house to make sure everything is running smooth.

Motley man - around here all of are trails run thru fields and no farmer dont leave them unplowed down the trail so except for last year our trail system has been unrideable for many years.

yep there are few die hard that think this all the snow we get so they jump on there sled and ride in the poor snow conditions like this. i used be one of them people. not anymore i would rather wait until there a good base down and some good 4 to 6 inchs of good fuffy stuff on the top of that. much easier on the sled and on your body.

as for as goes for feilds around here most of r trail go through the fields and your suppose to stay on the trail. and i wont ride the trails until there well groomed so you dont have to worry about the dart clumps.

i saw a few sleds out this weekend and said really and smile at them and waved at them.