• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thoughts on seasons...............

I exclusively bowhunt but the Orange Army has every right to be there as I do. I guess I don't feel one way or the other regarding when gun season is. The deer are definitely more alert. It's much harder to get a shot off with a bow typically. I never had a chance at buck tonight that the neighbor shot at 5 times because he was moving so quick when he got to our property a few minutes later.

The gun hunters are given the prime rut but tey have a much shorter time to hunt. And prime rut isnt always the best time to hunt if the buck are holed up with the does. Just beforehand is when bowhunters have the woods to themselves. Also, I've found early season bowhunting to be much more predictable than right now. Deer are in solid routines. They arent right now. Its more of a bleep shoot. So while you never know what might show up now, you do in the early season and if you've patterened a big buck, your odds go up.

I would enjoy a few more week of hunting in January, though, but I guess I could always head to South Dakota.