• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FF has a Bore Sight for a .50Cal, i think it also works for some smaller barrels, but not exact on which...anyway,

At $3 a shot (Muzzleloader), i've spent $34 bucks sighting in my muzzy, and am not totally satisfied yet. I'm kind of kicking myself for not buying this bore sight first, figuring that i could have achieved a more accurate job for the same price...and not have a sore shoulder grin

I was also told that bore sights are only good enough to get you on a pie plate at 100yds.

Whats your experience with these bore sights? Should I buy this product and expect it to get me "dead on", or is it just getting me within a pie plate?

bore sighting is only meant to get you "close"...final adjustments should be made on the range as you've been doing....what I usually like to do is take the first shot at 25 yards...adjust at that range until you're dead center on windage...on most center fire cartridges you'll want to be an inch or so low, or dead on for height at 25 yards...when you've got all that going on take a shot at 100 yards...if you were dead on for windage at 25 the only adjustments you should need to make will be for how high you want to be sighted in at that range...

Absolutely worth it. It is not perfect. But it does get you close.

Sounds like you need a lead sled and a Bore sight grin

probably help save some money in the long run and definately help with that shoulder pain

Big A, a word of caution with those lead sleds. I bought one and used a 10 pound sand bag in the tray. It knocked two of my scopes loose due to the lack of absorbing recoil. One was on a .270 and another on my 7mm-08. I've been told by other folks on another site that larger calibers have suffered cracked stocks because of them. I took mine back to Scheel's and got the "Rock" and was told by the salesman that I wasn't the 1st guy to bring one back. They did re-do my rings on the guns though which I thought was a professional gesture.