• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The lesser of two evils

merkman

Gonna try carving two decoys before first ice this year.

I thought if I carve one and use it ole' spearhead might not laugh at me for using plastic decoys...

I wonder what he will laugh at more, me using plastic decoys or what my first decoy is gonna look like? confusedcrazygrin

I wonder what he will laugh at more, me using plastic decoys or what my first decoy is gonna look like? confusedcrazygrin

Hands down plastic, unless you molded it yourself and even then you'll hear about it.:D

I made ten decoys my first year only one swam right and it looked like a 3 year old painted it. Now they finally swim nice and I'm up to a third grade painting level.

You know how to reach me if you need a hand, Good luck!

Merk I 've carved a couple and they are not even close to the standerds that Sham or Laska's are but they have had a few pike meet there demise from them so I can live with them I will try again some time.

I know to all about the 1st grade level of painting Spearhead wink

Merk you will carve and carve and carve good luck and if it takes the shape and form of a PVC T you then know what you should do laugh

merk ill help ya too if ya want, for starters id print out a fish pattern you like from the net then cut it out and trace it out on the wood then cu it, easier to do it that way then being clueless on whats its suppose to look like.

Painting levels- well I dont know where I stand but we"ll see Nov 20th in park rapids for the MDAA Show...

I think you guys should come up ill have my dragon decoy and tree frog along... Anyone can enter decoys into the compitition. $3 each who knows how you'll do. Spearhead and Sham mos def you guys should enter. Spearhead theres a 10-11" folk art fish class think you might like that one. All the carvers from around MN will be there- Rod Osvold,Larry Lange, probably Gary Hull,Rick Whittier.