• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early Antlerless Season Areas?

jloomis

Can i still bowhunt in these areas and still just use my regular archery tags. meaning if i shoot a doe can i just use my bonus tag to tag it. my brother is taking my little cousin for the youth hunt and most of the other guys are gun hunting the early antlerless season. i want a bow kill before the regular gun season starts. also i'm after a really nice buck that been working my area and didn't come close enough last week. 30 more minutes of light or 30 more yards then i could of hung everything up for the season. all i can say is they're moving and saw a little buck pushing a doe around already.

You can use your bonus tag anytime you're in a management, intensive, and a permit area open for early antlerless! If it antlerless, use your bonus tag!

Permit area's are for gun season only. You can shoot a antlerless deer in a permit area with a bow, but you have to use your regular bow license to tag it!

You can continue to bowhunt during the early antlerless season. You are required to wear blaze orange during this weekend though.

In order to hunt with an early antlerless tag you must be in an EA zone and using a firearm with an EA tag.

Pretty much, the EA rules don't apply to you if you're bowhunting. Carry on as usual except that you should wear blaze orange during a firearms season.

Page 75 of the deer regs.

Archers may participate but if they do not have a firearms or muzzleloader license,they must use archery equipment.

What that means is you can buy up to two EA tags and use them if you are archery hunting in a EA zone this weekend that way you would still have your regular bonus tag for the rest of the season.

The only restriction will be we must follow the blaze orange laws this weekend.

Or just hunt like you have been and wear your blaze either way with archery equipment you will be able to harvest a buck this weekend all the EA tags would do is up your yearly bag limit up to 7 deer.