• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wear bar for plow

bgmny

I am looking for a new wear bar/cutting edge for a glacier plow on a polaris. The one I have is good yet, but I want a plastic one that won't beat up my driveway. I looked online as much as I could and couldn't find anything. Has anyone made their own? I was thinking hyfax would work, but don't know where to get it and if it even comes in black?

I did a search a few years back looking for teflon or hyfax to put on the bottom of my portable fish house. I think you could buy 1x4 size pieces that would probably work pretty well for the wear bar. Might just take a little time searching on the net.

Why does it even need to be black??? I'd just adjust the shoes on your plow to keep your cutting edge up 1/4" or so. Otherwise, I would think hyfax would work great, or any other high density plastic material, who cares if you have a white cutting edge on a black plow??

I have the shoes adjusted, but I want to scrape down to the driveway. The concrete curb takes a beating when you hit it at an angle and something a little softer would do less damage. I would like to eliminate the shoes and get a poly blade because I'm plowing on pavers. As far as the color goes I guess anything would be fine, I was just trying to match the plow.

Look at the post in the ice fishing section about "outhouse/generator house" He put something on the bottom of his skids that might work for you. Came out of an ice arena, it's the bottom stuff of the boards that the zamboni rubs against.

One concern I would have is plastic becoming more brittle in the cold. I know there's different types that might be more resilient to cooler temps but I'd be more inclined to see if it would be possible to somehow retro fit a rubber scraping edge from a snow sport plow onto your glacier.

Just my 2c

bgmny--I've got the same problem. I was thinking about calling Cycle Country to check if the hole spacing on their 6' plastic blade is the same as the one on my Polaris steel blade. Just haven't got around to it yet. Too busy fishing.

I bought a hyfax type of product to put on the bottom of my skids for the perm and it is black . It can also be bought in various thicknesses and also widths etc because they will cut it to suit . I think it will work for sure because they make it to use in different temps . As far as how well it works for this application I have no idea .

TD