• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warn Winch for Honda Rubicon

Augusta

A 2500 lb winch for a quad that size would be about right.

Warns tend to be expensive. I had a 2000 lb warn on my sportsman 500 and it didn't have the power to pull me out of the worst "Mistakes" I made with that thing but it did work for about 90% of them lol. Other than that it worked the whole time I had it without any issues.

That being said I just picked up a Mile Marker PE 3.5 for my Polaris RZR that I am going to get installed this week.It was significantly less expensive than the Warn 3500lb offering so I am going to give it a shot. I got it through Cabelas.

As far as pricing, if there isn't a local place to buy it, I would suggest doing a Google search and seeing who has the best prices. They do change from time to time at different places so you might come across a new place with a hot deal.

I second the Viper...just got mine installed (self installation) a few weeks back and have pics if you need help. I put mine on a 2009 honda foreman which should be the same set-up. Most places wanted around $300 to install, the cheapest was $100 / hour and the guy thought it would take two hours...

I opted for the 2000lb viper max set-up. They say you only need 1.5 times the total weight of the ATV,equipment, and operator. 2000lbs is right on the edge for me so maybe the 2500 would have been better but know plenty of people with just the 2000lbs and seemed to work great for them.

You can also increase the power of a winch by using a snatch block......as long as you have enough cable to reach out to your anchoring point and back to the machine.

Theoreticaly speaking, a 1500 lb winch would suffice in most situations for most Class I machines.