• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sport Hunter 800 vs G3 Sport Basic, Shock Collars

zzammon

I have narrowed it down to these 2 choices. Each are within the 200-250 price range, both have tone/buzz mode, and both can handle more than one dog. background, I have a 7 year old shorthair, she is a great hunter, I have used a tritronics collar with her for 4-5 years, but the the collar has been giving me problems the last 2 seasons. Time for something new.

Do you have one of these and what is your impression? Any input is appreciated. Thank you!!

I have the G3 and love it. I had a tritronics pro 100 for several years and it just didn't work any longer, so I did the trade in thing on the g3. It's easy to use and the transmitter is small enough to go into your pocket, or around your neck. Solid unit for the money.

I know most pros use any of the tri-tronics collars with tube-style transmitters, don't know why these are better but also seem to be more expensive. I've only had tri-tronics but really like the customer service I've had with them. Also like the fact that the different settings "click" when scrolling through them so you can watch the dog when switching correction levels and not always be looking down. Good luck. I also think tri-tronics has an "upland" package in a similar collar that includes a beeper if you're in to that.