• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

College Hockey This weekend

scsavre

****Shorelunch predicted a WIN by Michigan Tech****

Just highlighting this fact. They're up against that all time WCHA record, so maybe they will rise to the occasion. The record is 18 straight league losses held by CC set 49 years ago.

A Tech win would surely tap beer kegs all across the great state of Upper Peninsula!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

****Shorelunch predicted a WIN by Michigan Tech****

Just highlighting this fact. They're up against that all time WCHA record, so maybe they will rise to the occasion. The record is 18 straight league losses held by CC set 49 years ago.

A Tech win would surely tap beer kegs all across the great state of Upper Peninsula!

I just can't see Tech being swept over Carnival - and BSU is such opportunity.

Shorelunch was almost right on the Tech series. UND is the first team to clutch home rink for the playoffs

Feb 13th WCHA standings

UND......16-6-0.....32pts

Denver...14-5-3.....31pts

UMD......13-5-4.....30pts

UNO......14-6-2.....30pts

Badgers..11-9-2.....24pts

CC.......11-11-0....22pts

Gophers..9-10-3.....21pts

AA.......9-13-2.....20pts

SCSU.....8-11-3.....19pts

MSU......7-13-4.....18pts

BSU......7-12-3.....17pts

MT.......1-19-2......4pts

Can SCSU continue their roll from this weekend? Can the Gophs continue their momentum from Hockey Day? Sounds like Aaron Marvin is at it again?

Good match-ups coming next weekend:

Sioux@SCSU

MN@Sconny

Duluth@Mankato

Not as sexy, but still good match-ups:

CC@BSU

Omaha@UAA

and then:

Tech@DU

I found an article out of Duluth News Tribune that talk about what Aaron did. He's starting to remind me of Trevor Burres(sp) out of Mankato. WCHA kick him out after so many cheap shots. If college hockey would only be more open minded about having 5 minute majors for fighting. You wouldn't have this garbage. It will be interesting to see what the WCHA does about this. Marvin has too much of a history of doing this. Remember Chay and Blake Geoffrien(sp) last year.

No new muskie baits yet this winter. I'll probably load up on dawgs and Glitter tails spinners. I just bought a trinidad reel and a talle industry rod. I'm starting to get the fever already.

I should add there's a sale on those trinidad reel on the internet.

Muskie season doesn't start for 110 days fellas. College hockey is here and now. (And boy did my team smell up the joint again). Luckily I didn't waste 1 minute following the UMD games. Onto the pick'em results:

cbrooks 6, shorelunch 6, solbes 8, ScSavr 9, and Bear 14. Bear's obviously just having fun predicting sweeps from AA and UofM. Cumulative tallies for the year below. Will be a two man race soon if I can't make some headway.

1) Shorelunch 1.04 w/ 5 weeks

2) ScSavr 1.07 w/ 6 weeks

3) Solbes 1.15 w/ 10 weeks

4) Cbrooks 1.35 w/ 10 weeks

5) Bear 1.95 w/ 4 weeks

You can blame Mr.Scott Savre a.k.a [pleasebecomeasponser] for the hijack. The only sponser Scott needs is one for AA grin. Only kidding. I wish HSO would get that fix.

I'm making a comeback a little bit. Here's my picks for this week.

CC vs BSU-split

Minnesota vs Wisconsin-split

UND vs SCSU-4pts UND

UNO vs AA-split

UMD vs Mankato-split

Mich Tech vs Denver-4pts Denver

Bear's obviously just having fun predicting sweeps from AA and UofM.

I am dead serious, I need the Gophers to win and the Sioux to get swept in a bad way!!! grin

My new picks:

St. Cloud Sweep

Omaha Sweep

Gopher Sweep

Bemidji Sweep

UMD Sweep

Denver Sweep

Splits are for girls!