• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spider-Insect spray

Genofish

Something that has worked well as both an acaricide (mites and ticks) and an insecticide is Ortho Home Defense Max. The active ingredient is bifenthrin. Have used it with good success on spider mites and many species of insects. Spiders are also listed on the label and since they're closely related to the mites, suspect it will work. Should be able to buy it at most of the big box stores as well as a local hardware store, such as Edna's here in Bugtussle. Gotta give Edna a plug. grin Would give it whirl anyway.

I have a tiny cabin up north that we converted from an old fish cleaning house. It was COVERED with spiders and bugs inside and out that had made their home there for 100 years. I was quite religious about spraying the Ortho Home Defense Max inside and out throughout the interior finishing process. I am happy to say that building is bug free, and has been for an entire season. I was impressed.

It's also supposed to be okay for living area application, so that would be a requirement of yours.