• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shack dog Needed

Portavilla is looking for a shack dog for the time we are up here next year. We will provide a 2 man fish house and bait for free. Go to our reservation tab at www.portavilla.com and hit the book now tab and fill in the fields. You will have to enter in credit card number to reserve your days but nothing will be charged to your card.

Qualifications

Must be able to cook us 3 meals a day

Must be able to fish

Must be able to have fun with customers

Must be Ok with your home being moved frequently

A shack dog is similar to a camp dog at deer hunting camp he keeps an eye on the camp and makes sure the boys have something eat when they come in from hunting. It’s the same thing just ice fishing style.

My uncle use to be the camp dog at our camp a time honored position; he would even make trips to our deer stands with coffee and keep the back straps frying in the pan and the boys looking for deer. With our uncle keeping us on point our meat pole always was an impressive site. Its why we run like we do its been breed into us.

The way I set it up in the reservation system you can take the days or day you want. From December 17th to the end of February. The task is you cook some extra when your cooking and you get the lead house in the move for free. We know you will fish and we will stop in and grab some chow and if we don’t like what your catching we move you and when we like what your getting the rest of the pack comes behind you.

We get to actually take time to eat and keep things moving. I hope someday this will be my job when I am older and the boys take it over.

i also am interested, but echo tunrevir's questions as well as are we supplied a generator? how good is the verizon cell phone reception?, who supplies the food?.....if we are cooking for 10 people 3 square a day, it certainly can add up( at least it would for how i like to cook)...... also how important is the fishing?....i am a single father and my sidekick is always with me........while you could rely on me for the meals and "keeping an eye on the camp", i will certainly be limited on how much i can uphold the lead fish house position.

The way I set it up in the reservation system you can take the days or day you want. From December 17th to the end of February. The task is you cook some extra when your cooking and you get the lead house in the move for free. We know you will fish and we will stop in and grab some chow and if we don’t like what your catching we move you and when we like what your getting the rest of the pack comes behind you.

We get to actually take time to eat and keep things moving. I hope someday this will be my job when I am older and the boys take it over.

Are you looking for men only or can a retired woman who is obsessed with fishing handle the job? I can cook and I could bring my disabled husband with, he is capable of moving around but very carefully.

Sorry it took some time to get back to you. I took some time off work to get some honey does out of the way and get ready for hunting.

There are 3 of us and we provide the food, there is a 3 burner stove, no oven and we would hope you would bring the cooking utensils.You would be hooked up to a generator and Verizon comes in real good. The fishing is pretty good normally and we have a list of pre fishermen, so don,t worry about that. This is more for fun than anything else. I have my sidekicks up all the time, Bring some video games and DVDs and we can even bring your sidekick on some snowplow rides or make him are guide for the day.

Retired women that are obsessed with fishing will have no problem with this gig. We do all the moving and stuff like that. Like I said above this is more about fun and making a house available that folks can work there way in. We work hard and have fun doing it, next year or ten years from now we won’t remember the money we made but we will remember the kids, the customers and of course the shack dogs.

I have been asked why are we doing this, my response is why not?

It was brought to my attention that the reservation system was saying error so I went in and had to change the price from $0.00 to a penny. The price is still nothing, The guy thought that it was booked for the day and it was not. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.