• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

7th Annual Spearing Get To Gator....Lake Winnie Area...Dec 18th & 19th

bassNspear

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merkman ussally brings everything but the kitchen sink and I'm sure that he would pack that also if he had a bigger truck grin

Laska working 10-12hrs on second shift does put a damper on my fun time so I would get home saturday morning around 5:30 am then sleep then drive and I might get a dhance to spear sunday well I might show up besides it'll only take a minute or two for me to hold my title grin or I might stop at Mille lads for a GTG that shack is putting on also. just never know might make both for visits on sunday

Laska

Laska

BNS 50

Elwood

Merk pd

Merk pd

MJ

Randy B

Alex B

Glenn 50

Central?

Rattle

This is for Saturday ^^^

Laska

Laska

BNS

Merk

Merk

Rattle

Who else for Friday?^^^^

Dont be offended if I forgot your name, Ive been busy... smile

my grandson and i will be up friday nite bout 9;soish!

Gordie, if you wanta come up on Sunday, you can sit with my in my house if you dont wanta bring all your stuff up.

As far as people that are coming up, please take the time to bring stuff along to grill at noon-1 each day. As Merkman will bring all the stuff to get the job done. THe guy is a rock star at packing the right stuff for a GTG. So bring things to grill, along with other stuff. Everyone is incharge of bring there own beverage along as well.

If all goes well, we can have fish fry at night, or whatever everyone wants to do. Im open to ideas as well! But Merk will have the FLAG in the air, and thats where the party is around lunch time! This is what we have done at each GTG, and its worked out very well.

Laska and I are going to be leaving early Friday am to get up there and double check to make sure that everything is in line so when people start showing up, it is all ready to roll and no hiccups.

If anyone has questions, or needs help, please post here or shoot me a email. Laska can help as well!

Glenn-Gordie, Dont keep me out of the runnin for nord lord I got some mean things up my sleave for the gtg.

Ill be working on the decoy trophies this week as soon as I feel better got really sick this weekend...

I will right down measurements on all the big fish for the Trophies, I will take measurements of Length first then girth behind the first set of fins so in the midst of a tie for length the biggest girth will be the tie breaker.

Dixons says they can cook fish for us but with a kitchen in our room mixed with merkman I think we'll be fine.

I urge everyone when we go to this GTG not to leave trash and things out on the lake and when you move or if you move from your spot to please put some sticks in your spearhole so no one falls in and we can all enjoy our weekend. Some guys will need help cutting holes we have 12 guys or so if you see someone gasping for air while cutting a hole lend them a hand lol seriously I may even get winded but I just want everyone to be able to have some fun!

I was thinking of a breakfast Sunday at around 6:30am so we could hit the lake by sunup if you guys are interested in that let me know Ill pack some pans and pancake mix. This is proabably by far going to be the best GTG!!

Friday List

Laska

Laska

BNS

Merk

Merk

Rattle

Glenn

Glenn GS

Staurday List

Laska

Laska

BNS 50

Merk pd

Merk pd

MJ

Randy B

Alex B

Glenn 50

Glenn

Central

Rattle

This is what I have so far, pay me at the GTG the day your staying over night I can pay for the rooms. Friday will be $30 Sat will be $25 a person if there is extra money we can decide to devy up the rest amongst us or buy food n drink for all of us... Let me know what you guys think!!!

Outline of whats going on at the GTG!

Friday night

Chilli Feed 7:30 PM

Sat morning

Breakfast in the morning then head out to the shacks-Merk is cooking help needed

Hot dogs chips etc from Noon to 1 PM on the ice.Bring something to grill if ya dont want dogs

Saturday night

Fish fry/pot luck. Bring what ya want to eat, we're cooking at the cabin, pickled fish and brownies welcome Merk and Laska are the cooks help may be needed. If someone wants to bring plates and silverware post it on here.

$0 Buy in Texas Hold em' poker tourney (top 3 people get decoys as prizes Merkman will donate these)

Wii Bowling tournement, cribage, cards, social hour for those who don't want to play poker.

Sunday morning

Breakfast-Laska is cooking pancakes-could use help

Sunday noon

Hot dogs on the ice-Bring something to grill if ya dont want dogs

Hand out prizes for the weekend:

Nord Lord Trophy- Nord Lord title up for grabs, trophy is out there if we can pry it from elwoods hands...

Largest pike speared 1st 2nd and 3rd place(Laska's Decoys will be providing those decoys)

Length of fish-tie breaker will be girth

Largest look and release pic- full pic of hole with fish next to decoy/sucker no zoom ins to make them look bigger! ($50 Bertram Gift Certificate-pick your own pattern from dennis-Merkman Supplied this)

MDAA Prize-All members of the orginization qualify- Probably be a donated decoy, if you would like to be a member I can give you the info.

Then go back to spearing or head back home

Special thanks in advance,

MDAA

Steve-MERKMAN

Dennis Bertram

Laska's Decoys-LASKA

Jason-BNS

Dixons Lake Resort coolcool

If any has any ?'s or concerns or comments post them dont be shy!!!!

looks to be a good time!!!!!!! hope i gotz room for all them awards!!!! whistlewhistlewhistlewhistle i can bring some plates and other stuff! sure we will have enough to survive! if everyone brings a little of what is required. wont make the chili feed though. hope theres some left!

I am going up and staying with Dixon and renting a house from them this weekend. If the it goes well and the ice is good enough for my bigger wheel house by the 18th, I will probably go up again. If I do, my house has a very large hole if anybody on here needs a place to look into the water. I typically dont throw at much so if somebody wants to come sit in and stab a couple they are welcome too.

I will be making some perch and whitefish workers to match the food of the pike if anyone wants to try using them just ask me. I like to match what the pike eat to better my odds... Thanks fisher for your thoughts on havin an extra spear shack. I heard dixons new shacks are really nice.

thanks for putting that all up and letting people know what we got going on LASKA.

Im jacked up, hunting season is over for me on sunday, and its going to be time to hit the lakes hard this year!

This GTG is going to be the bomb, were going to have a ton of fun, and going to remember it forever!!

Anyone has questions or concurns, please shoot me a email!!!!!