• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Different camera viewing sd card from another

Photography gurus: I posted this in the deer,bear forum and thought someone may be able to give me some input regarding how sd cards read form 1 camera to another and you may not be able to view pictures.:

Well, I pulled the Trail camera Moultie D55IR 5 mega pixal, from my spot. Again 33 pics and 2 came through. The rest said no IMage in memory. So every picture theat that no picture in memory I have been deleteing for almost amonth and probably over 125-150 pics. Here is what I have been doing in the field. Pull out the sd card and put it in my wifes Nikon coolpix s630 12 Mega pix. So when it has been saying no image in memory it has been saying it on my wifes camera. Like i said I pull the trail camera. Brought it home, set it up and take a few pics of myself in the room. Pull the card out and same thing. No image in memory. I put the card back in the trail cam and hook up to computer with usb cable. [PoorWordUsage]. Pics are on there. My wifes camera wont read all the pic on the sd card but no t all of them. So i have erased all these pics out in the field. I am so bummed out, [PoorWordUsage] off, and frustrated. I cant beleive my wifes camera wouldnt read the card. It may be because it was taken on a five mega pix and wifes camera is 12 mega pix? Thats what my neighbor thinks. He said will need to buy moultrie sd reader 75.00 if you want to view in the field or go buy an sd card reader from Best buy for 20.00 that will read all sd cards at home on computer so you dont have to pull the trail cam.? Not sure. What do you guys think about that being the reason? I don't know enough about how it all works. Thinking putting this on the PHotography forum also. I know some of those guys are really knowledgable.

Usually when a picture is captured on a memory card the best way to get that image is either the camera that was used for the shot (via a usb chord or other means to hook to the computer) or a card reader. The suggestion to buy an external reader for less than $20 is good advice. Megapixels mean nothing to when reading the file except how long it takes to open the image, but differences in how the camera writes to the file format could possibly cause one camera to read and another not to.

The best solution is to buy a second SD card. Go out into the field take the card out of the camera and replace with the second SD card. Take the first one home and put it in your card reader and download your shots. When you check the camera next swap cards again and repeat the process. I don't know if your trail camera has an option to format your cards in camera but I would do that each time you put a fresh SD card in the camera, remember this will overwrite your images on the card so make sure you have copies at home and if they are important back them up onto a CD,DVD, eternal hard drive, etc. Good luck.

there are several free or cheap programs that can dig out deleted files off a sd card. google "sd card data recovery" and you should be able to find a few.

i pulled off a bunch of images i lost when I formatted the wrong card. piece of cake.

What bobbymalone said, I had that in my original response but was in a hurry this morning and edited my reply. There are some free programs out there that will pull even images off the card even after it has been formatted a couple of times!

The problem you might have will be if you have a corrupted file or card. That may be more difficult to pull off usable images off the card but it is worth a shot. Good luck I hope you get everything back!