• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weld breaking on pontoon boat transom

gatorhunter

All the way down first time, every time! Pretty much last thing done before jumping in the truck every time.

Sounds like you did your part. How did the repairs to the pontoon and bracket look? Are you satisfied with that part of the fix?

I really don't have an opinion on the repairs yet. Won't really know until next spring when I put it in the water. They did add some bracing so they must figure something went wrong originally. Neither Premier or Mclaughlin's have told me what was done. Boat is repaired, that's it!

Up to the BBB to do their thing now!

I really don't have an opinion on the repairs yet. Won't really know until next spring when I put it in the water. They did add some bracing so they must figure something went wrong originally. Neither Premier or Mclaughlin's have told me what was done. Boat is repaired, that's it!

Up to the BBB to do their thing now!

So they fixed the bracket, patched the hole, strengthened things? Is there anything with regards to the log/transom problem that wasn't taken care of?

Thank you for saving my wife and I from making a mistake with buying the premier we were looking at this past week. I have no patience for poor customer service when they want their money up front and ongoing for many years I expect to have a new boat without problems. Maybe knowing they missed out on a $20K plus purchase will remind them to take care of their customers. Going to buy the Chaparral. I do not understand how in the age of the internet a boat/car dealer or manafacturer can think they can treat a single person like that. Happy customers don't say much because we expect good service for good money spent. I guess they are just plain dumb or really don't care. By the way I brought up this situation to the salesman trying to get us to sign on the line and I got nothing but a slow stutter.

Have you looked at Bennington's? I've had a recalled fuel tank after 1 year and a leaky playpen cover after 4 1/2 years. Both were replaced but was a little surprised that the cover wasn't prorated. Maybe with the bigger motors this would happen to most brands but I think most people who have toons just leave them at the lake. I think we're all more educated on this thanks to Gatorhunter. I'll be looking into a transom saver just to be safe.

I thought I responded but I guess not. As I thought I said, Premier took care of the problem. I have two neighbors that have premiers and they are fine. It does sound like the dealer needs to get get their stuff together.

A call to premier when the defect in the weld was discovered could have perhaps helped. A bad dealer can make any company look bad.

After a second call to Premier by the BBB, this is what their Customer Service person sent the BBB official. She forwarded it to me! I'm telling you, this Customer Service person does Premier no service at all!

Remove and replace transom

Remove and replace rear decking area

Weld holes in both tubes

Pressure test both tubes

I get the feeling that you're associated to Premier somehow delcecchi! While Mclaughlin's didn't give themselves a hernia throughout this fiasco, the Premier Customer Service representative embarrassed himself and his company! That is never good for business!

I haven't heard anything at all from Mclaughlin's yet!

After a second call to Premier by the BBB, this is what their Customer Service person sent the BBB official. She forwarded it to me! I'm telling you, this Customer Service person does Premier no service at all!

Remove and replace transom

Remove and replace rear decking area

Weld holes in both tubes

Pressure test both tubes

I get the feeling that you're associated to Premier somehow delcecchi! While Mclaughlin's didn't give themselves a hernia throughout this fiasco, the Premier Customer Service representative embarrassed himself and his company! That is never good for business!

I haven't heard anything at all from Mclaughlin's yet!

My only association with Premier is driving past the factory on 35 when going north. I would be angry too if I bought a pontoon and this happened. But I don't quite get what it is you want. They fixed the boat. Are you not satisfied with the work? I thought you were.

Didn't all that stuff about transom supports etc come from the dealer? Or am confused? I am wondering now if the dealer didn't want to have to deal with transporting the boat to Wyoming MN on his dime. He just wanted you to go away and not cost him money, since as I recall the warranty calls for the boat to be brought to factory for repairs that can't be handled by the dealer, and they probably weren't enthusiastic about a round trip or two from Fargo to Wyoming. But that is just my guess.

What ever happened with the chairs and other stuff?

I guess it is just the engineer in me trying to figure out what happened. I read the warranty and it sounded like Premier did what it said they would do. On the other hand, they maybe didn't do anything extra either.

It still mostly sounds like a dealer that had your money and didn't want to be bothered for whatever reason. At least that is how it sounds to me.

Neither the dealer or manufacturer did me any favors! However, the "ordeal" began with the "manufacturer" making his comment about the damage occurring because I trailered the boat with the "required transom support bar!" If the manufacturer says that such a bar is "required" then it should be "provided" by them! If it is "required" and the message did not get to the dealer or the dealer knew but did not say (makes no sense to NOT mention it), then it is still a problem that can be blamed on either the "manufacturer", "dealer" or both.

The "manufacturer" decided to repair the boat at "no cost" to the "dealer" or me. There was never a mention of the word "warranty" throughout all of this! I brought the boat down to Mclaughlin's D.L. Premier transported it from D.L. to Wyoming, MN and back to D.L. My son went to pick it up from D.L. So while it seems that Mclaughlin's didn't spend any money on my boat, there was some cost to me; two trips down to D.L. and a transom saver. I understand that Premier's manual states that they would not cover any expenses for getting a boat down to their Wyoming, MN office, but that refers to "warranty" work as far as I know.

The damages to my boat are a result of either poor workmanship as has been mentioned by forum members or a poor transom support design. It is no wonder that they did the repairs "at no cost to Mclaughlin's or me!" They had no choice!