• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is it a sign from the Lord?

Tom7227

I'm hoping the Good Lord is sending me a sign for missing church on Sunday. I just went to start my 2008 60 Merc 4 stroke and it was a no go. It 'beeped' at me the standard once when I turned the key, then 6 more short beeps, and it would turn over but not fire. My guess is that it's trying to tell me something with those beeps. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

Tom

6 beeps on that motor is a bad sensor of three, either the MAP, MAT or TPS. From the symptoms it sounds like the MAP or TPS. Probably need to bring it to a Merc repair shop and have them hook it up to a reader to know for sure.

OK, update. I was going to get it ready to tow it to the launch site and just for the heck of it I tried and it started. So -

1. Would it have beeped the six times and refused to start if I had been really dumb and left it trimmed all the way up when I tried.

2. Do I now have the 'infamous' irregular electrical problem?

3. Assuming the thing has somehow cured itself is there some sort of computer system that will remember what was kaflooey?

4. There's no trolling motor on this boat and I can't swim - shoult I take it out and risk it or bite the bullet and pull it and take it to the shop?

Once again, thanks for any advice given.

Tom