• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Paw pads peeling

musky5555

I have a 7 month old Lab, and in the last couple of days, the skin covering two of the pads on his paws peeled off almost completely. I picked off a nickel size skin flap that was barely attached to one of his paws.

He is an inside dog, and has not been doing any abnormal activities or spending excessive time on any different ground surfaces.

This doesn't seem to bother him too much, and he's not showing any other noticeable symptoms. Anybody ever experience this in their dog before, or know what this might be? Allergies or fungus???

Happened to my lab when he was about a year old. At the time I thought it coinsided with spending a lot of time in the water. It seemed a little tender for a couple of days but everything healed up and has never been a problem since.