• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boatfixer,marine man

gofishingtom

have a 175efi runs 6000rpm around 48mph great hole shot now i have not as good hole shot and only 5200rpm and 42mph do i have a bad cylinder? or possible bad plug..if bad cylinder what am i looking at for possibly $ to get it fixed....

Had the same thing happen to my EFI this year. I started losing rpm's, mine would only top out at around 4000. It idled just fine but the rpm's were way off. I changed both fuel filters and cleaned the injectors and it runs like new now. I did the injectors myself after researching online about it. I'm only running non-oxy gas in it now after reading what some gas does to these systems.

Im curious is 6000 normal? Why I ask is I have a 03, 200 EFI and Ive never been able to get over 5400 out of mine. Ive got a glass bass boat, its no speed demon but Ive got in the low 60's with it when prop was new.

He never mentioned excactly what year model, etc, but yes there are some out there that 6000 can be at the top of the RPM range. 5800 is more common. The reason yours and anyone elses may hit no more than 5400 or any other RPM is because thats the way it was propped.