• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Painting a plastic coleman canoe

Have a coleman canoe it was red when new ten years ago but it has faded. Would like to paint it somehow, worried that the paint wouldn't stick to the plastic. Not that being pink would keep me from using it but camo would be better. Just wondering if anyone has had luck painting the plastic, if so what product and method was used? Thanks for the help.

It might be expensive, but one could look into the camo decals - the bigger body panel type decals that are made for trucks. That's what we did with our Old Town 25 yrs ago, except we just used 8" wide black rolls of tape, the ones used for stripes on the hood and roof of a car. We tiger striped our grey plastic canoe. Looked cool, but by the time we were in cover and had cover spread all around us, a duck couldn't see the canoe anyway.

I've seen folks attempt painting Colemans, the paint never seemed to stick for long.

Thanks for the ideas. So far i tested a few different kind of spray paints. They all scratch very easy with a finger nail. The large decals or the camo stickers are a good idea. They may not hold up on the bottom but who cares. Gonna look around see what i can find for prices. Thanks again.