• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lindy rig?

I been fishing for walleye all I catch is pike. I am using a a Lindy rig

that look like this.

http://image.basspro.com/images/images2/Lago/1372318_i-567093-t.jpg

My problem is 80% of the time the pike brake my line. I was wondering is there away I can make one thats stronger with a cable like a leader has. or with a strong line.

Would be nice to real them in not have to worry about my line being broke.

not much you can do with store bought monofilament crawler rigs. i have some crawler rigs my dad used made with thin wire. they are old but still work. i use them in bog stained waters like boulder and island lake near duluth. i guess i would not use them in clear waters for walleys. there has got to be some around still. i haven't seen any because i haven't looked. good luck.

Try a heavier line in fluoro? I use 15 lb 100% Berkley Fluro and my pike biteoffs have gone way down. I could maybe see going to 20 lb, but then you are getting some pretty big diameters and pretty stiff.

i'm in the process of making some light wire stuff

to fish for northerns...my new go to fish..since i learned how to clean them..lol very good eating !!!

we've been fishing for them and losing tons

so i'm figuring out a light quick strike rig

for at least 6 inch suckers weedless as possialbe

so you can rig for them or kinda makin them like a crawler harness

just bigger and stronger..behind spinners..kinda like the ole strip on type of thing

i'll let you know what we come up with

make my first million selling em.........lol