• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Koivu Re-Signed 7 years

MinnesnowtaWild

Very nice to have him locked up long term, I was kind of hoping the cap hit would have been around 6 but he is our captain and our best player so he is worth it. Signed through the age of 35 is getting up there a little but we are seeing more and more of the best players producing into their mid to even late 30's so hopefully he won't be declining too much by then.

It's well deserved. He just flat out works on both sides of the ice.

I agree on getting him some higher quality wings to maximize the teams return on investment. Bruno's got some magic in front/behind the net, but skates about as fast as... Antti has some good chemistry with Koivu, but hardly seems like a typical first line wing.

It's well deserved. He just flat out works on both sides of the ice.

I agree on getting him some higher quality wings to maximize the teams return on investment. Bruno's got some magic in front/behind the net, but skates about as fast as... Antti has some good chemistry with Koivu, but hardly seems like a typical first line wing.

I really don't have a problem with Bruno on our first line, yes he is old and slow but he somehow uses that as an advantage and I think he surprises a lot of defenders out there. Antti is where I think we really need an upgrade, he a good guy and a hard worker but we desperately need a skilled shooter on that wing.