• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baitcaster For Me...

Working on my first baitcaster, going to use it for pulling plugs on the kayak and some catfishin.

Played on the lathe for a bit tonight and did some threadwork for the split grip area...

Used burl cork and rubber composit cork with a cabnet knob for a butt. Im typically not a fan of stickers or decals but I found a walleye silhouette I tried and like.

My HS colors were orange and black as we were the tigers. Have never used those colors on a rod but found a neon orange that really pops.

Unless I fish tomorrow i'll work on guides and the butt wrap. Still undecided on a diamond wrap or chevron...

015ehp.jpg

012gf.jpg

007ubh.jpg

Fits my bear paw prety good...

010hj.jpg

Well, took her out for a test run the other day to the neighbors pond. Picked up a quantum accurist(i liked the price and the 7.0:1 speed) and played around with a few diff lines. Have settled on some sufix fuse in 10/4. I was scared to try non streth lines in thinner diameter after reading alot about it. But saw some on sale for a really good price so figured i'd give it a try. Have done a bit of casting with it and no problems. The key seems to be adjusting the reel for each bait im tossing...

Heres a couple crappie that tried eating a 4 inch swimbait! eek

001ruq.jpg

I watched this guy follow the bait, when I let it fall he took a swipe at the head and found a hook in his neck...

006fzc.jpg