• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rain Is A Good Thing

zamboni

i guess if your not in the 12-29 demographic and have little disposable income to spend on Itunes our tastes mater little to the powers that be.

so dont expect to hear much difference on top 40 radio. Thanx to real country stations we get to hear more of a variety. variety not better always

The NEW country is [PoorWordUsage] and it is really sad to see that the artists are trying to bring in the younger crowd by basically playing pop music! One of the best new artists is Jamey Johnson...the guy has a great old school voice!! Chris Ledoux is one of my all time favorites and will never forget watching him ride a mechanical bull during while he was singing in his concert at we-fest in 98!

I just noticed that one of my favorite country bands, Jason Boland and the Straggers, will be in Mpls. next month! I've been a fan of them since hearing them on XM. Finally saw them live when they were here in Minnesota last fall. They are the real deal with steel guitar, fiddle and solid writing. Its too bad that radio won't support bands that are this "country". These guys travel the country just as much as any other band and have a pretty big fan base even without radio. Check them out at thestragglers dot com if you like to find new music.

I just noticed that one of my favorite country bands, Jason Boland and the Straggers, will be in Mpls. next month! I've been a fan of them since hearing them on XM. Finally saw them live when they were here in Minnesota last fall. They are the real deal with steel guitar, fiddle and solid writing. Its too bad that radio won't support bands that are this "country". These guys travel the country just as much as any other band and have a pretty big fan base even without radio. Check them out at thestragglers dot com if you like to find new music.

Any band that plays at Lee's Liquor Lounge has is cool in my book....Skeeter- if you haven't been to Lees- it is a great place to see one of your favorite bands. It's a small backwoods country bar in the middle of downtown minneapolis...incredibly small intimate setting!

Dylan, good call on Chris Knight. Saw him last year (for the third time) at the Zoo when he opened for Pat Green. Agree on Lee's being a cool place for cool bands! I've been there a few times for both national and local bands, its always worth the hour drive. I wanted to go there this past Saturday to see Dale Watson but with the long weekend we couldn't make it. The last show I saw there was Reckless Kelly on a tuesday this past April. They sold it out and was a great time. Lee's is the perfect location to see Jason Boland and the Stragglers. Based on the crowd last fall when I saw them it'll be packed next month.

Even many artists that are considered "country" are not true musicians. And today's "country" is pretty much the only place you can find people that actually know how to play a real instrument.

I had the opportunity to see the Zac Brown Band at Moondance this June. If you are ever able to check out this band do not pass it up. They are all true musicians and put on a great show. I agree they are not "country" if you are a die hard old school country fan but more along the lines of blues/folk mixed with a little rock and an awesome mixture of guitar and violin. I think they got put into the country genre because in their breakout song "Chicken Fried" was written toward that direction. If you get deeper into their CD's you will find a great mixture of music performed by true "musicians" and not just artists.

I agree about the "rain" song, almost as anoying as the song a few years ago about the guy driving through town with his son and his kid couldnt have his toy till the nuggets were gone, then the kid said a 4 letter word. "It made me want to punch babies" - (I spit on the monitor laughing when I read that!)

I listen to all kinds of music including country, mostly older stuff. Saw Willy this spring! That was cool cool

The girlfriend wanted to see Sugarland this summer so I got her tickets for her b-day. The show was a few weeks back and it was awesome! Nettles can really sing and overall it was just a great time.

Saw Big n Rich last year at the NY state fair - that was a great show also...

But overall most of todays country I find cruddy. Sure there are some good songs but as far as a whole cd being good - good luck! Zack Browns was well worth the purchase and surprisingly Darrius Ruckers last cd was real good...

"It made me want to punch babies" - (I spit on the monitor laughing when I read that!)

haha......couldn't agree more!!

Sure there are some good songs but as far as a whole cd being good - good luck!

Jamey Johnsons last cd is a "listen to the whole cd" kind of cd!!

I really think that the counrty singers now are more worried about appealing to the younger crowd, therefore bringing in a more pop kind of country which is [PoorWordUsage]!! Seems as though they maybe couldn't make it on the pop/alternative stations and brought their "country music" to the country stations instead!! I mean seriously....jewel, darius rucker, Unkle Cracker as country singers.........i don't think so!!