• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Live well fuse blowing?????

kevfish1

I had this happen with my bilge, I didnt think it was the right suggestion from a dealership but he said drop in the next higher fuse, no more then 5 amps and if it will go, use it. Worked ever since then, if its the first time using it this year, could just need to be knocked loose? Take that advice how you will, I am not a mechanic.

the pump motor could cause the fuse to blow. could also be a short to ground, can you disconnect the wires from the motor and turn on the switch to see if it blows? If it is a short to ground, it will still blow regardless if it is hooked up or not, or put a meter on it and see what it reads. I am betting the pump is bad

i went from a 2 amp fuse to a 10 amp fuse and it still blew. I am heading out to the boat now to see if i can figure this out. will try disconnecting the wires from the pump 1st and running it to see if it still blows as some one suggested. 2nd i am gonna try hooking the pump up directly to the battery to see if it runs. if it dont then it is the pump.. I think

I would take a peak into the impeller area (either look through the inlet on the back of the boat, or pop the pump out if it's a cartridge style pump and take a look.

That might save some melted wires if you do it first.

marine_man