• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dozen Purple Roses

OK here is picture led how to on a Rose Pattern for maybe the Wife, Daughter Girl Friend etc.

Here is the basic pattern done in MS Paint. Spacing layout is square or diameter of the blank time pi and then laid out on the blank

Rosepattern-1.jpg

Here is the starting layout. I started with a 7 thread diamond of the background color. Then between the diamond and purple(rose color) I allowed for 21 threads. The gold(stem and leaves I allowed room for 6 threads.

IMG_0619.jpg

http:

The wrapping sequence is background and leaves/stem are single thread, and the Rose color is +1 meaning at each sequence you add 1 thread. 1st sequence 1, 2nd 2, 3rd 3, 4th 4, 5th 5, 6th 6.

Here is what it looks like after the second sequence.

IMG_0625.jpg

Here is the 3rd pass. The purple is wrapped up or out to the black diamond and the gold is wrapped to the bottom or out. Black is wrapped out at the ends of the pattern.

IMG_0634.jpg

Here is the 5th pass.

IMG_0641.jpg

Here is the last pass.

IMG_0643.jpg

5 passes of the background and then 3 passes of Metallic White.

IMG_0645.jpg

Here it is closed up and ready to finish the ends.

IMG_0648.jpg

Wrap complete and ready for color preserver and epoxy.

IMG_0649.jpg

I didn't keep track of hours, but probably start to finish, 6 hours.

I did the post in a hurry, so if anyone has questions please ask.

Thanks Jim. I am hoping to post a few pics of it totally finished here in a bit. Just need a somewhat sunny day to take a few outdoor pics of everything.

I can't seem to get the hang of inside pictures for these. No flash and the dang thing gets blurry, use the flash and you get massive glare. I may have to try a tripod. I normally try to take pics of this stuff outside especially after the epoxy goes on.

Thanks Jim. I am hoping to post a few pics of it totally finished here in a bit. Just need a somewhat sunny day to take a few outdoor pics of everything.

I can't seem to get the hang of inside pictures for these. No flash and the dang thing gets blurry, use the flash and you get massive glare. I may have to try a tripod. I normally try to take pics of this stuff outside especially after the epoxy goes on.

A tripod will really help because with the flash you are more then likely shooting at 1/200. You may want to put something in front of the flash to act as a diffuser if the flash is built into the camera. When I have taken shots indoors I find that bouncing off the ceiling works on most of my shots. A piece of white paper or some opaque plastic taped in front of the flash might just do the trick.

Weaving is a bit more difficult and you need a way to hold the thread that you will be using in the pattern. They do make jigs for that or you can make your own. I have not tried weaving yet. I have done a few things in the past that did similar stuff, so I know how to create the patterns, but lots of things to keep track of in a weave.

Thanks for the positive feedback folks. I hope the steps and pics lead someone else to try it too. When you figure the things you can do with colors it has some pretty cool possibilities.