• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3 place trailer

Rippinlip

I need to upgrade to a 3-place trailer soon, I have been looking at some already and have not fell for any yet.

We have 2 Polaris 500's and a Polaris 90.

I need to haul all 3 on the trailer, due to camping and other gear in the box of the truck.

Like to go to one that I can load so they are facing forward, but that really seems to narrow the possibilities.

Wife has a windshield on hers and I have the wind/brush guards for my hands on mine, not sure if towing them down the highway sideways will tear the accessories off?

Any recommendations?

Your best bet is to get a 2 place 12ft snowmobile trailer you will for sure get 2 facing forward and possibly the 90 facing forward. You could put the 90- facing forward on top of the v in the front and the 2 500 behind is side by side facing forward. For that you would need a 12 v-front with ramp.

I bought a three place four wheeling trailer (3000# ulumanum) four years ago and love it. the four wheelers drive on sideways so you can still see out your rearveiw mirrors. If you put two wheelers side by side you cant see ( 1/2 ton)whats behind you. the bed on mine is 6x12 and I carry three poaris 500s. I paid about $1800 after everything (toung jack-spair tire and mount, tax ,license)and he even sold me heavy straps for 1/2 price.I cant remember the name but it's south of St.Cloud on 10 a few miles. turn at the same spot where the motor cycle shop is and its on the left.hey my wife has that same machine

I dont know what kinda price your looking at but if you look up Sparks Trailers in Battle Lake MN the sell PJ Trailers and mine is 7'4 Wide and its 14ft Long but they do have other models too and the rear has a full gate that is spring loaded recesed lights and 15in wheels 3500lb axle and then in the front where the rails are there is actually 2 ramps in channels that you can remove and use to side load its a great trailer and pulls really really smooth and it was only 1500 So i would check out PJ Trailers I love mine

The PJ trailers are all Steel Trailers and well thats why a single axle is rated for 3500LBS on a single axle i looked into getting a sled trailer for a while but then i noticed alot are only 1400 to 1800LBS and i would have to pay just as much for a new one and I can Use the PJ for just about anything

I turn the wheels towards the front and run down the road no problem.If you have a newer sporty the shields are quick release, atleast two of our's are.Like I said my trailer is uluminum with 3000# axal. And I use it for a lot of things, but the trailer Cowhead has does have more uses and is a little heavier duty.

Here it is.The ramp slides in the back and hooks on the back or three places on the sides.

junk001.jpg

For what it's worth the PJ trailer is what I've been looking at getting for a few months. I don't have any ATVs or anything to haul just yet but want a 4 wheeler after we buy a house but in order to take it anywhere figure a trailer will need to come first. I'm much more of a save and buy it right the first time so that's what got me to PJ trailer that I could side load 1 quad and front face a second and hopefully fit a 2 man flip ice house or coolers somewhere on there also for fishing, camping and hunting trips. Just trying to decide now between 12' or 14' long with leaning toward 14'. Also noticed on C list that people try to sell PJ trailers used for almost near the same price as they are new or at least the price they are new from a place in East Bethel that also lists on C list. They must hold value pretty good I figure then also although I tend to run my stuff till it can no longer be run.

Well just to let you know when I got my PJ from Sparks In Battle lake MN the 14 was only 150 more than the 12 so i mean for 150 why not get 2 extra ft? So why not get the 14

Thanks alot guys for all the responses, but wife and I are still up in the air, we checked out the PJ's and liked them. Just checked out an ALUMA 8112 and liked it too.

Further discussion with my wife and now we are debating on something like an Ice castle so we can use for camping and of course Ice Fishing too......

These are the kind of issues I like to stress over.....lol

Yep, just comfirmed the issue with the framing and the wheels tipping out, seems it was a manufacturing issue a few years ago and they say it was fixed....kind of making me leary of that for now.

Need to decide something soon, heading for Jackson county over Memorial weekend (if I do not work).

Think I am going to find some mud this weekend. Need to go play for a while, been working too much.