• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

I'm down for some MW2 Action!! Maybe Thursday nights make the switch to MW2. And Larry, where the heck ya been man? You need to bail in with us, I miss you man....lol

I've seen you guys out there. Everytime I get an invite from you guys im in a knock down drag out battle and don't want to bail... then when I try to join your sessions it won't let me.... I'll send you a vm next time im on and wait.

PI... I finally had to give it a try last night... AI is no comparison to playing with you guys... probably won't be working that one again.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I scored the Hardline pro perk last night, played a couple matches with it and enjoy turning them SAM Turrets to whatever pops up!! Now Dtro won't be the only one running around trying to roll peoples care packages!

Hey.... Leech... thanks for sharing the Sam Turret CPs last night.

Good times as usual. Hey Rushing take the friend request from LFC JARRAX.

I had a pretty good connect last night for a bit.

I was feelin pretty sharp when I was going against Tack and DTRO and almost took the win on TDM... then the game tossed in a few more people near the end and it went down hill quick.

I am not sure what mine does. I am sure it is slower than it should be since I am running wifi. Just got a new house so if the appraisal and inspection go well it should be in my hands. I might be doing some wiring and hard wiring my systems up.

Don't get me wrong wifi is nice but if you want faster connection WIRE IT.

here is an example of someone's PS3 Wired vs Wireless....

Wired-

3424 download 1841 upload

Wireless-

2882 download 1838 upload

Not much of a difference but different enough.

It was fun playing with you ps3 guys.

Xbox guys I dunno what it is, but I do way better on PS3, less the few grenades I thew instead of shooting last night....(I got use to the xbox controller :() I guess the guys on ps3 are usually impatient and do not camp like the box players(I am not speaking for my teammates though, campers you know who you are) Both systems are fun in their own way.

I came up with more conclusions on xbox vs ps3.

The partying system is just simply amazing on xbox specially since it works 90% of the time.

Being able to send voice messages, heck even video messages if you have the right stuff is cool. The fact you can party up and have it so no one can hear you and you cant hear them is neat. Mainly if one of the guys gets thrown into a different lobby you can still hear them talk. That there is awesome!

Ps3 sucks you have to type every message, BUT you can plug any keyboard in and that would work. But I am too lazy to do that.

Often times certain people cant hear your mic at all in the lobbies. Usually it fixes it self when you are in the game. But occasionally a person can't hear during a game. Mainly Deitz, but I think that is because he is a bass fisherman and maybe because he is rocking DSL instead of Cable.

The smack talk is WAYYYYYYYYYYY better on ps3.... The amount of mom jokes, and as of last night dad jokes I heard is pretty amusing. Heck I even came back with second grade insults, and maybe a few others I shouldn't mention here. I wish you xbox guys would talk a bit more smack. To me it is what makes or breaks the game. Having that fun in the pre game lobby.

I think I would probably talk more smack except for the fact I know for a fact consoles can be banned from the live network.

I have never seen a banned ps3....

I can't make a decision which one I like better. It is a toss up for sure. Some have its perks, where the other doesn't. In the same aspect, id rather deal with some of those downfalls to have the appropriate kinda game play I like to play. Run and Gun. Basically it all depends who is playing that day on the opposing team.

I definitely like playing both systems with both groups. You all are fun to play with. Realistically I hope some day some type of cross platform game can take place were we can have a ps3 vs xbox game.

That is all for now. See you next time I lead your team to victory. jk

I find it hard to believe there are more campers on one console vs the other.

Maybe just some subconcious thing to decribe the weaker talent on the PS. wink

Either that or more modders on the XBox. I really believe there are a lot more than people think.

Honestly Darren, I believe there are way more campers, modders, hackers, glitchers on Xbox.

Don't get me wrong I run into campers on both systems, it is not to often I log onto my ps3 and run into campers. If I had to make a guess I would say maybe 1 out of every 10 or so matches is hard core camping.

Just an example. Right off the bat joining xbox, I had the best match I have ever had on Xbox or PS3. Going 43 and 3 probably wont happen again for me for a while. But the thing was they were not camping the team was actually running around. And the rest of my performances???? I won't even comment on that. I didn't do horrible but I sure didn't do great either. You all have seen my xbox scores....

Now I logged onto my ps3 last night for the first time in a couple weeks to play. First off the controller sucked getting use to it. It felt so small. Not only that I found myself throwing a frag with the R2 which would be where the xbox trigger is to shoot last night frequently.

But regardless, We had stiff competition and I was able to pull out several on top performances in the low twenties for kills and below 10 for deaths. I got a couple helicopters in a few matches as well.

I am still to this day going to say Xbox has way more campers, and like I said I am willing to bring my ps3 over to show ya and let you try out the way ps3 players play.

ps3 guys can chime in here too. I bet they will agree with me on a Regular Team Death match its not often you run into campers. it seems to usually be a run and gun kinda system. It seems everyone keeps running from their spawn to where all the action is.

There are also way more players online at one time than ps3.

I think the top number ive noticed when I do look for ps3 is 850K One time I looked on Xbox there was 890K. No doubt in my mind that the extra 40K were campers wink

If anyone would want to try the ps3 system, let me know. If you are close by id bring it over and let you try it out. I think you might infact see that less people camp. Seems everyone runs towards eachother.

oh I know that, I was just givin ya the needle for not playing with us last night.

People can say all they want, but the advantage will ALWAYS go to the person with a better ping speed or connection. I rarely find it equal among players from game to game. You can run and gun or camp all you want, when it comes down to a face to face gunfight, the faster or better connection wins 95% of the time.

This is why I'm starting to prefer objective game types over TDM and worrying less and less about KDR or how many times I die. There is no stradegy in a better connection.

I think the smack talk flow more freely after a few cold ones laugh So make sure to tune in this friday night lol!

And PI your still a PS3'er at heart thats why we can give you a little ribbing.

I wonder what the difference is as far as numbers of players on each system. If that has anything to do with or not. If you have more players, you'll have a more diverse group.

If you guys want to win, play domination the way I told ya. And equip nova gas.

9 outta 10 times you will win. Always Always have one person go for the spawn flag and everyone else go for the B flag. The key for me is knowing where they are going to be coming from. I lay down some nova gas where they typically come from, and throw a frag in the same spot so any one that is rushing to that flag automatically gets slowed down and my nade gets them.

I hate ground war, it seems a lot different from MW2 to BO though. However I didn't mind it when we played it on the Box. Specifically since I know how to win a domination match. Didn't we go 9 games of ground war in a row victorious???

I would like either you or larry to give my ps3 a try sometime since you two are close. It be interesting hearing some thoughts on ps3 game play coming from an Xbox guy. I could ask Hop or JPZ but I have never seen them on Xbox only on ps3.

Oh no doubt in my mind there is WAY more xbox players.

Just look at this headline from game release.

One million gamers could be found playing ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ over Xbox Live within hours of the game’s midnight release.

I will see if I can find some numbers. I haven't seen more than 850K players online playing black ops on ps3 though.

Black Ops has even broken the record five-day worldwide sales of $550 million set by last year's release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. According to internal Activision estimates, Black Ops made $650 million for the company in its first five days of release.

In addition to beating previous sell-through records, Call of Duty: Black Ops set new records on Xbox Live. According to data gathered by Microsoft, more than 5.9 million multiplayer hours of Call of Duty: Black Ops were logged by the end of launch day (November 9). In addition, more than 2.6 million unique gamers played Call of Duty: Black Ops in one day on launch day.

Wish I could find a site that showed accurate numbers. One thing is for sure is the people that bought the game didn't buy it for the campaign.

According to them, the Xbox 360 has over a staggering 1.4 million users MORE than the PS3 and PC combined. The Xbox 360 alone has racked up 2,156,469 users online, while the PS3 and PC are ‘lagging’ behind (see what we did there) with 664,982 and 55,071 users respectively.

That was mid november so I'm sure it has changed... but that's why you see more campers on xbox is because we have WAY more people playing the game, so the ratio is probably the same, just a bigger number over here and lucky match ups I guess.

I like groundwar the best, mixes of TDM and Domination are great!

if I am playing ground war I am just going to want Domination. I am strictly TDM kinda guy but not when you mix large teams into it. Than they just camp.

Some day I will have to have you guys pull a ps3 moment on xbox. One game we run and gun as a whole team in a pack, the next one we camp on the spawn as a whole pack. it really throws them off and for some reason they keep on coming lol

And Rob, I will have you know Triple D aka Deitz was a noob at black ops just like you are/were, and well after some practice hes getting pretty good! He even finished in the top 3 of a high scoring game a few times ive seen. So hang in there Rob. Pretty soon you will be using your wizzard skills and shooting mind bullets and causing their guns to jam.

the next one we camp on the spawn as a whole pack.

if I am playing ground war I am just going to want Domination. I am strictly TDM kinda guy but not when you mix large teams into it. Than they just camp.

you've just been Dtro'd.. grin

Well the more people playing the more people to kill, that's the way I like it lol.