• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hey guys i am heading out to big stone for the first time for their opener in a couple of weeks, do i need to buy a south dakota fishing license? do people usually catch the majority of the walleyes on bobber rigs or vertical jigging? any info and tips would be appreciated!

You can fish alot of ways on the openor and catch fish on big stone. Lot of people pitch jigs, and then anchor up and fish bobbers at night. If the wind blows(and it usually will) you can catch eyes all day anchored up with bobbers. I like to troll, the faster the better i feel durign teh day and cover water. Its fun to pitch at night and fish bobbers. And you can use two rods on this water.

We fished Traverse, if our luck was any indication the change in the weather sure turned the fish off. 1 walleye in 2 days, it was a 27" though. Lots of rain and wind. Only a couple of pike and some whitebass to fill in the time. Didn't see much for fish being caught from other boats either. Heard that a lot of walleyes were being caught earlier in the week by those chasing panfish though.

I was showing water temp about 61 or so. It was much clearer than I expected; could see bottom and weeds in 4-5' of water.

I was able to see the bass following my spinnerbait in but not hitting. Multiple times. That was fun.

It was bright, sunny, not much wind.

I was showing water temp about 61 or so. It was much clearer than I expected; could see bottom and weeds in 4-5' of water.

I was able to see the bass following my spinnerbait in but not hitting. Multiple times. That was fun.

It was bright, sunny, not much wind.

I like those sunny days with little wind...makes seeing (and avoiding) rock piles a lot easier!!!!