• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing season is over - Boat got Schmucked!

Uncle Grump

Gang

My son and some of his friends were headed to Brainerd for a long weekend at a resort. They were stuck in traffic in the Cities, and stopped. A car behind them (and my boat and
the tow vehicle) was also stopped.

A 3rd vehicle plowed in to the 2nd, and 2nd smacked my boat. My son indicates that the
outboard and trolling motor were smacked
real bad, boat was also knocked off the rollers on the trailer, but I don't know how
or to the extent of the "knock". Would have to believe the 2nd vehicle took alot of grill/hood/radiator damage, in addtion to rear end damage. Am guessing there is transom damage too.

No one with my son was hurt ( thankfully) but I don't know about anyone in the other two vehicles.

Glad I didn't have any plans for it this weekend or next.

<Sigh>

UG

Oh Uncle I feel sorry for you. But at least it is September and not June or July. We almost had that happen with a load of horses while traveling through the cities. The only thing that saved us was my husband saw them coming up behind us and the guy next to us also saw it and he pulled over as far as he could and we managed to get over just far enough for them to miss us. But if either my husband or that kind man had not been paying attention we would have really had a mess. Worst part was we also had a friends show horse in there along with ours. That is why I hate driving in the cities. Fargo is bad enough. Hope you or the other guy have good insurance.

------------------
Phyl

I've lived in the cities for 4 years now...you learn to always look out your rear view mirror when traffic comes to a standstill (not much wiggle room when you're pulling a boat!). I have been rear ended once by some one-who-thinks-I-am-silly on a cell phone going 50 mph. (should have put that cell phone someplace where the sun doesn't...never mind...)
If you're visiting the cities - be aware of this - it happens quite often.
I pray it doesn't happen again, especially if family is involved.......