• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

web mail issues

Anyone having problems getting into web mail accounts?

Today hotmail is not accessible and trying to get into my network solutions web mail account does not work either.

I thought it may be from a windows update but the last one was 3/11.

This is on both the XP machine and the Vista laptop both are running ie8.

I tried the compatability setting, but that didn't help either.

any ideas?

My Yahoo account works fine with both firefox and IE8. I would start simple and clear you temporary internet files and cookies. Does you get to a logon screen? Or does it time out looking for them?

If i go to www.hotmail.com it just goes to a blank screen.

With network solutions (my web site provider) you are suppose to be able type in "http://mail.yourdomainname.com" and it will bring up a web mail log in form. You type in your mailbox name and it already has "@yourdomainname.com" at the end. and enter a password.

When I log in now, it has the mailbox name and password fields, but it doesn't populate the "@yourdomainname.com" so I cant log in.

I called them last night and they couldn't replicate it and said it worked on their end. They told me to clear history and temp folders and set the browser to compatibility mode.

This is the same with Mozilla and IE8.

I was able to access the web mail from my work machine Thursday night which runs ie6 yet.

I can still download the mail in my mail programs with no problems...just the web mail feature.

I can also access my Gmail account from the browser...

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)

Timestamp: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:30:46 UTC

THis is the error message that is in the bottom of the browser for hotmail

Line: 18

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsign...3&id=254014

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; msn OptimizedIE8;ENUS)

Timestamp: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:32:01 UTC

THis is the error message that is in the bottom of the browser for Network Solutions web mail access

Line: 38,33 and 53

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: http://mail.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/login.exe?bind=mail.mydomain.com

Alright, I VPN'd into my work account and I can access hotmail and my other webmail account and they work fine using that system.

What would cause my computer to do this?

Would a router setting have any impact on this?

If you can get to other sites. It could be a DNS issue. I would restart the router and if that doesn't work you can try calling your ISP and see if they can resolve the URLs that aren't working. From I see it looks like a name resolution(resolving a name to an IP address)issue.

One other thing to try is clear your DNS cache on your PC. To do that:

Go to start, then run, key in cmd, it will open a command window. Key in ipconfig /flushdns this will clear any cached URL to IP address info stored on your PC and will allow it to be refreshed.