• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Our daughter needs your help

This is our daughter Rachael. She is eleven years old and has type 1 diabetes. Her life entails waking up at all hours of the night to check her blood sugar level, pricking her fingers at least eight times a day, and carefully counting carbohydrates she puts into her body. At times, Rachael has to sit out of some of her basketball and soccer games because exercising with high blood sugar can cause tremendous nerve damage. Rachael has spent several overnights in the E.R. fighting her high blood sugar levels. It doesn't seem fair. Such a beautiful gift from God and all the worry. But there is hope. Diabetic research has made tremendous gains in recent years. Doctors tell us they for see a cure within Rachaels lifetime. This Saturday our family is stepping out to help cure diabetes. We are walking with others at an American Diabetes Association sponsored walk. Please be a part of the cure by donating to Rachaels fight on the link below. Every dollar makes a difference. Help give Rachael hope that someday she won't have to worry about putting insulin into her body and worry whether the amount was enough or not. Give to A.D.A. and make a difference. Thank you from the bottom of a father's heart. BC

7070.1158719560.custom.jpg

See Rachael's Web Page

2thepointsetters, you so rock. Thank you! I have followed your postings for a long time and I, like you, fish the great waters of Superior. I will contact you sometime this summer and if you have room, will gladly kick in for the fuel bill and maybe spend time telling stories and trolling the big pond. I have been fishing the lake since the mid eighties and would love to swap stories. Maybe some of that good luck Joel gave you will rub off on me grin. Again, thank you so much. Any chance you might make it to the swap meet this weekend? If so, tell me when and I will make a point to be there to meet you in person. Take care, and good luck with bagging more of those yummy cohos you recently boated. BC

BC-

I will not be able to make the swap meet because I am bringing 3 rookies out on the pond at 6:30 a.m.

However we can definitely make a trip or 2 on Superior this summer (or spring).

Good luck with the walk.

Here is my email to plan a trip. northuplandhunter at y a h o o . com