• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sturgeon time line for the Rainy River in 2010?

I'll be dancing around some work scheduling issues, and 2010 Red River flooding issues is a real Wild Card to plan anything in March.

Problem is I must set some vacation time down on paper now to plan for a Sturgeon Trip... or not get any chance to go this season no matter what...so...I could use some advise from the seasoned Sturgeon Masters on timing.

What looks to be the best time frame as in dates to book rooms and nail down them vacation hours for a 4 day trip...ect..? What "general dates" does it look like I should shoot for this season, in your experience.

Late March combo for walleye and Sturgeon? Flooding for sure the way it looks...tough sell...looks unlikely?

Or, should I just just shoot for the better Sturgeon run dates farther into April?

Any help and or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Last week of April, first week of May. I spose this year one could do the 2nd week too!

No prob with rooms/crowds if you avoid those April gtg weekend's.

A tad warmer later in April and into May and fishing is easily as good, and usually better than March or early April timeframe. One can usually count on the water being clean later too.

Prespawn Pike bite in high gear on select spots then too.

With the early ice out this year, would you expect things to kick into gear much earlier?

I have always fished the end of April, but the ice had only been off the bay for a few weeks.

I'm getting worried for the group I have coming up for our sturgeon weekend again, but probably don't need to be...