• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

South TX color!

dockothebay

We spent a few days in Harlingen, Texas and I thought I'd share some color! The area gets lots of migrating birds.

This is an Altamira Oriole - they're pretty skittish, so getting shots without branches in the way was a challenge.

IMG_7412.jpg

This is a Golden-fronted woodpecker

IMG_8385.jpg

One morning we happened on a fellow banding birds in one of the parks! It was a treat to watch and learn!! This sharp-shinned hawk was the first - I was surprized at his size.

IMG_7995.jpg

IMG_8066_2.jpg

and this tiny Orange-crowned Warbler showed up too!

IMG_8234.jpg

All very nice but after experiencing the sharp-shinned hawk activity around the farm this winter, gotta admit I'm partial to those. And thanks for sharing all the birds most of us never get to see over the past few weeks from down south. Makes one feel warmer already on a cool, cloudy, wet March MN day. grin

Very nice. Even though I see a sharp-shinned frequently, that one still seems very small. I know they say blue jay sized, but they always appear larger to me. Send some this way. Not the sharp-shinned, though. I have enough of those.